Today I’ll be picking the brain of a man who was the Lead International Kidnapping Negotiator for the FBI
Chris Voss was also a member of the New York City Joint Terrorist Task Force for 14 years and has been involved in some famous hostage situations, in fact he was the one that negotiated the surrender of the first hostage taker to give up in the Chase Manhattan Bank Robbery hostage taking
Chris was trained in the art of negotiation by not only the FBI but also Scotland Yard and Harvard Law School
He now teaches business negotiation at the University of Southern California and has recently published a groundbreaking book called ‘Never Split the Difference – Negotiating as if your life depends on it’
What you will learn:
- How to negotiate with anyone (even a terrorist)
- How to use ‘mirror neurons’ to your advantage
- The tools you can use in business negotiation
- Why dropping your price is a bad move
- What not to do in a negotiation
- Why Oprah Winfrey is wealthier than Donald Trump
- Chris describes his 12 hours of negotiations with a bank robber
- Chris worked for 14 years in the New York City Joint Terrorist Task Force
- Chris was the Lead International Kidnapping Negotiator for the FBI
Chris’s #1 practical advice:
Resources & Links:
- Chris’s Book – Never Split The Difference
- Chris’s Business Negotiation Services
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (book)
Get in touch with Chris: Text ‘ThatsRight’ to 22828 for free negotiation tips
Thank You for Listening!
I would like to personally thank you for listening to my podcast. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with others. Just click on the social buttons below.
Also, if you leave a review for my podcast on iTunes, you would be joining me on my mission to help as many people as I can become really successful.
And finally if you haven’t already subscribed please subscribe to my podcast on iTunes, so you can get automatic updates whenever another episode goes live!